Moniteau County Library @ Wood Place has a variety of materials, resources and programs for our adult patrons.
Yoga Class in May
A 6 week yoga class led by Angela Vaughan is planned to begin May 1. The one hour sessions are held in Heyssel Hall upstairs at the library for 6 weeks. The cost is $35.00. Call 796-2990 to enroll or for more information. 15 participants are needed to make the class.
Winter Read Program a Big Hit!
The second annual adult winter reading program has ended with 108 participants. 10 lucky readers won $20.00 Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates sponsored in part by the Moniteau Saddle Club. The drawing was on March 1. And the winners are...Glen Bayne, Melvin Butler, Arla Dearing, Willis Hoskins, Beth Jungmeyer, Virginia Kirchhoff, Naomi Pearson, Sara Robinett, Barb Whittle, and Bill Worden. Winners can stop by the library to pick up their prizes. We hope you enjoyed the 'Chill Out and Read' program
MOREnet Databases: Subscription Resources are only available on library computers.
- LearningExpress Library
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
- Other Online Resources: If you don’t find what you need here, check the ‘Resources’ tab on the bar at the top of the page.
Print Collection: Our collection of adult fiction features best sellers and popular authors. There is a wide range of Reference and Non-Fiction titles for research or special interests. We also have a large print collection for those who find that format easier to read.
- Latham Family Award Winning Book Collection: This collection is funded by the Latham family in memory of Dr. and Mrs. Kenyon Latham. It includes books from the following awards: Aventis, Caldecott, Edgars, National, Newberry, Nobel & Pulitzer. There are books for young children and youth, as well as many books for adults - quality fiction, poetry, biography, science, history and more!
- Media Collections: Our collection includes audio books in CD format and movies in DVD and VHS tape formats.
Programming for Adults:
Clubs: The library has several groups that meet regularly to share common interests.
- The Book Club meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the Bolinger Room upstairs. Group members discuss the current selection and select the book for future months.
- Wood Place Bookworm Sewers & Quilters: Groups meet in Heyssel Hall
- Quilters meet 10-4 on Tuesdays. This group starts a new quilt top quarterly.
- Sewers meet 6-8 pm Tuesday evenings. Join this group to sew a variety of projects of your choice with assistance from group leader, Sandy Schaeffer. Equipment needed: sewing machine & fabrics. Heyssel Hall
- Knitters, beginner or advanced, led by Avis Boies, meet at 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month. Heyssel Hall
- Angels Group. Make tiny Afghans and Quilts for hospitals to use for still born babies. The Group meets second Sunday of the month, 2-4 p.m. Heyssel Hall
Click on this LINK to hear more about "Dig into Reading". Enjoy reading all summer long.
Story Time for preschoolers each Wednesday @ 10:30 a.m. upstairs @ the library.
Special programming for those entering Kindergarten-4th Grade each Thursday @ 6:30 p.m. upstairs @ the library.Special Tween Programs for those entering grades 5-8 begin on Tuesday, May 28 @ 6:30 p.m. upstairs at the library. They meet every other Tuesday.
Library Book Club Meets June 19, 2013
The June selection for the Wood Place Book Club is "Burnt Mountain" by Anna Rivers Siddons . The group meets to discuss the featured selection on Wednesday, June 19. All readers are invited to join the group.
Summer Holiday Closings
The library will be closed on the following holidays:
Independance Day, Thursday, July 4
Labor Day, Monday, September 2